Conditions of Sale
1. The highest appointed bidder (subject to the reserve price of the seller, if any) will be the buyer.
2. The Auctioneer reserves the right to: refuse a bid from anyone, to regulate the bidding, to appoint the last bidder, to regulate the bidding without giving a reason whatsoever.
3. The conditions of sale are cash or EFT on the day of the auction directly after the auction on the auction premises to the Auctioneer.
4. Any mistake made by the Auctioneer will be rectified at that moment and not the Auctioneer or seller will be held responsible for that mistake.
5. In the event of a dispute arising between the Auctioneer and/or one or two or more buyers the Auctioneer reserves the right to auction the item again or to appoint the buyer.
6. Where the Auctioneer is only the agent and guarantees are given by the seller, or not, the Auctioneer will not be responsible for any mistake, obvious or hidden or mistake in the description, inaccuracy in age, or whatsoever and claims can only be made towards the seller.
7. The Auctioneer won’t be responsible for any damages or losses of any lot while under the supervision of the Auctioneer or anyone employed or appointed by the Auctioneer to look after or to transport such a lot.
8. Every lot will be considered as delivered after the bid has been closed down and from that moment be the risk of the buyer.
9. Ownership of any item sold will only be transferred when it has been paid for in full and may only be removed.
10. All items bought and not paid are subjected to interest at the current bank rate plus 5% levied on and will be charged when payment is made.
11. If a buyer is handed over to the attorneys for collecting of outstanding monies an additional 10% will be charged on the outstanding amount as well as costs mentioned in no.10 subjected to a minimum amount of N$7500.00.
12. All lots, articles, and livestock on auction are sold subjected to all mistakes, shortcomings and/or illnesses hidden or obvious voetstoots /as is and will be regarded as accepted by the buyer with the closedown of the bid.
13. All transactions as taken down in the books of the Auctioneer will be regarded as sufficient, final, and binding towards the seller and buyer.
14. When an appointed person buys for another person, partnership, company, etc. he must let it be known to the Auctioneer and present an “ Authority to buy document” issued by his instructor, followed by all the details of these two parties. The invoice must also be signed at the auction by the appointed person and if for whatsoever reason payment is not received from the instructor the appointed buyer will be responsible for the whole account plus interest and costs.
15. In the event of an extension of payment being given by the seller to any buyer, it is at risk of the seller and will have no effect on the conditions of sale as set by the Auctioneer.
16. From day 3 after the auction standing fees will be charged as follows: Loose Goods N$20 00 per item per day, Small Stock N$50 00 per animal per day, Large Stock N$100 00 per animal per day, Vehicles N$100 00 per vehicle per day implemented 3 days after the auction has been held.
17. All items are stored at the owner’s risk and Namboer Auctioneers CC will not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
18. We reserve the right to sell uncollected items to cover the costs of the standing fees.
19. Veterinary, Export, Feeding and Transport Fees will be charged for cross-border clients if animals are exported.
20. If cross-border clients exceed 45 days from auction to collect animals, Namboer Auctioneers CC reserve the right to sell all animals for the costs for safekeeping, feeding, transporting, veterinary costs & also all costs regarding exporting (ex. Permits etc) of the animals. If the cost amount exceeds this amount, the buyer will still be held responsible for the remainder of the costs.